We've got very nice news from our colleagues over at From The Top, the terrific program that showcases fantastic young musicians from around the U.S. It was announced yesterday that three out of the four players headed to the semifinals of the highly prestigious Menuhin International Violin Competition — held this year in Beijing — are From The Top alums.
The agency says there were 380,000 such applications, up from 367,000 (a number that has been revised upward; previously, the agency had estimated there were 357,000 claims in the week ended March 31).
Claims had been running at the lowest pace since March and April 2008. At 380,000, the pace is the lowest since June 2008.
Originally published on Thu April 12, 2012 7:04 am
The man accused of masterminding the bombing of the USS Cole in Yemen in 2000, Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, won a key battle at Guantanamo on Wednesday — a judge said he could meet with his lawyers without having to wear restraints.