On this episode of Piano Jazz from 2008, Spalding brings her neo-soul style to a set of standards with the aid of pianist Leo Genovese. Marian McPartland's piano provides a perfect accompaniment to Spalding's bass and vocals in Duke Ellington's "Prelude To A Kiss."
Originally broadcast in the spring of 2008.
- "Jazz Ain't Nothin' But Soul" (Mapp)
- "Midnight Sun" (Hampton, Mercer, Burke)
- "Just Friends" (Klenner, Lewis)
- "Portrait Of Esperanza" (McPartland)
- "Body And Soul" (Green, Heyman, Sour)
- "Clothed Woman" (Ellington)
- "Blue Ink" (Genovese)
- "Look No Further" (Rodgers)
- "Prelude To A Kiss" (Ellington, Gordon, Mills)